Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Let It Go

I recently started reading "Let it Go" by Chris Williams. The book, like the title implies, is about releasing your burdens and forgiveness. After his wife, 2 children, and their unborn son was taken from them in a car accident involving a young drunk driver, Chris immediately knows that he must forgive the young man. The book tells of his journey through forgiveness and learning how to let it go. He also talks about the important of service and kindness towards others. We gain power by our willingness to let Christ's light shine though us, illuminating the lives of others. He also inspires everyone to cast off the burdens they are carrying, pleading for greater faith in Jesus Christ to enjoy an added measure of His peace and mercy in our lives. It is a great book. I'm holding back tears with every page. It really makes me think of how often I forgive people and  how often I go out of my way serve others. If he can do it, so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment