Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thank You Jay

There are very few times in life that a person can think back and know what they were doing an entire year earlier. However, today was one of those days. A year ago, our community, our ward, and a wonderful family lost a very amazing person, Jay Winn. He probably would never admit or even really appreciate me calling him amazing but he was and he still is. I would say that I learned quite a great deal of my wonderful life lessons from him and his wife Ali. Both of them are amazing, influential people. He really believed in family; their influence and their importance. Something he said during a Sunday School lesson way back when I was in high school (thank you Rivka Paramore for writing this down) was that if he died tomorrow, it would be okay because he knew he was sealed to his family and that was really all that mattered. That has really stuck with me. This life is so short and as long as we are sealed and remain faithful, we will see our loved ones again. Ali and Jay also taught me what a good relationship should be like. The main thing is that they are crazy in love with each other. Many couples lose that spark over the years. They love their spouse but aren't as in love as they once were. I hope that I can find someone and we can be crazy in love forever. Through their example and many Sunday School and Young Women's classes, they also taught me how to work at relationships and that greatness is not achieved over night. There will be times that you fight and are angry with each other. However, always be the first to apologize, move on and do better and always make sure that your family knows how much you love them. Jay was also passionate about missionary work. We are even still seeing the effects of his missionary work in the members and new converts in our ward. Never pass up an opportunity to share the gospel. Never talk yourself out of sharing the gospel with someone you think wouldn't be interested. You never know. This life is so crucial. You don't really know what you'll leave people with people or what you will be remembered for. It's so important to always give people your best self. You'll grow in the process and as long as you are doing what Christ wants you to do, you will only become better. I wish I could thank Jay for helping my testimony grow so much and for being such a great example to me. I know I will get to thank him eventually though.

1 comment:

  1. This is so good Kenzie! Couldn't agree more that staying crazy in love is the way to go! They are great role models for that!

    ReplyDelete